How Does the Sunetics Laser Work?
The Sunetics Laser uses Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) to stimulate the hair follicles, healing them and helping them to regrow into thick, normal sized hairs. Our FDA Cleared technology offers No Pain, No Drugs, No Surgery, and No Side Effects.
The Hair Growth Cycle
Hair grows in a continuous cycle. The hair growth cycle consists of four phases: Growth (Anagen), Transition (Catagen), Resting (Telogen), and Shedding (Exogen). The image shown illustrates each of these phases throughout the life of the hair.
At any given time, 10-20% of your hair is in the Catagen or Telogen phase waiting to be shed and replaced by an active Anagen hair (similar to the way a baby tooth is pushed out by a permanent tooth), while up to 90% of your hair is growing. The Growth phase typically lasts 3-6 years in a healthy hair, but if the Growth phase is shortened, hair will enter the other phases to quickly and start to thin.
The average person loses about 100 hairs per day from the Resting (Telogen) phase. Excessive hair loss occurs when more than 100 hairs per day are lost. For male and female pattern hair loss, this increase in hair loss is typically caused by the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). As DHT builds up, the hair follicles being to weaken and it becomes more and more difficult for the body to flush out the DHT quickly.
Eventually, DHT disrupts the normal hair cycle, shortening the Growth stage. This causes the hair follicles to miniaturize and consequently produce the shorter, weaker hair that is characteristic of thinning hair. In the continued presence of DHT, hair follicles may keep shrinking until they no longer produce hair and permanent baldness results.
How Sunetics Grows Hair
The Science behind the Sunetics Hair Growth Laser is simple:
Laser Light Heals the Follicle.
Studies show that low level laser therapy is able to:
- Increase the production of ATP to energize & repair the weakened follicle
- Increase blood micro-circulation to the follicle
- Increase the nutrient acquisition by the follicle
- Increase oxygen uptake and calcium ion mobilization
- Increase the rate of removal of harmful DHT
- Decrease follicular inflammation
The increase in cellular activity and removal of harmful DHT allows the follicle to heal and regrow normal, healthy hairs.
Harvard Study Demonstrates How Lasers Can Grow Hair
For More Information
To learn more about the science behind the Sunetics Laser, watch the video shown here.
Stages of Results
Results from Sunetics Laser Therapy come in 3 stages.
- In the First Stage, patients see reduction in excessive hair loss. This happens in 99% of patients.
- In the Second Stage, the existing hair gets thicker, fuller, shinier, and healthier as the follicle begins to heal.
- In the Third Stage, the miniaturized hairs begin to grow into thick, normal sized hairs.
This Patient went through all 3 stages in 8 months.
This Patient went through all 3 stages in 6 months.
- The receptionist or any staff member simply turns the unit on.
- No Operator Needed During Treatment
- There is no heating element, and therefore no pain during the treatment.
- When done, the unit automatically turns off. Patients will then lift the hood and return to the lobby to schedule their next appointment.
- Twice a week for 3 months
- Once a week for 3 months
- If additional treatments are needed, the patient can come in twice a month for up to 6 additional months
Each laser treatment is pre-programmed for 20 minutes.
Physicians may recommend additional treatments or make changes to these protocols based on the individual’s condition or progress.
The laser treatments should be scheduled with one day in between; they should not be done two days in a row.
Patients will vary in response time.
The EARLY Responders can successfully move through all 3 stages and see dramatic results as early as 2-3 months into the laser therapy protocol.
The AVERAGE Responders see hair growth around the 6 month mark, which is at the top of the bell curve. This is where the majority of patients see stage 3 results.
The LATE Responders may not experience stage 3 results until as late as 10-11 months after starting treatments. They can move through stages 1 and 2 while stage 3 results take longer.
Patients will vary in response time.